|Look who is playing T-ball.|
|One of my favorite gifts to give is the gift of experiences. Experience gifts seem to be the most memorable. This years Christmas gift to the family was a ski trip to Big Bear, CA.|
It was quit the experience. Learned a lot and we are now better prepared for the next trip there.
Things we learned:
1. Have chains for your tires even if the website shows no restrictions. We were stopped at the bottom of the mountain by the ranger and told that we had to stop and purchase chains for or vehicle (it was really expensive, thinking a there was some gouging going on). I now have chains and will not need to purchase next time.
2. Everyone needs a lesson. I can not teach them what I learned because I am not good at it.
3. Bring lunch and snacks. The food at the restaurant was not good and was way to expensive. We parked close enough that we could have totally gone back to the truck for lunch and snacks.
4. If you layer properly you will not be cold even if it's 7 degrees. I think we did a good job at this the only thing that would have been a great addition would have been a ski mask for the face,
5. If you plan to ski/snowboard at least twice it is cheaper to purchase your gear. We rented but since everyone seem to really enjoy it we will be investing in gear for future use.
It was a great EXPERIENCE.